re/play: Roll Through the Ages
In which Pop Culture Dave reviews in simple terms a game that has been on the market for some time now and he somehow missed it or is playing it again!
Roll Through the Ages
The premise of Roll Through the Ages by Gryphon Games is to roll some really cool wooden dice, decipher the seemingly complex but actually easy to acquire iconography and mark off resources on an equally cool wooden score board. Then mark off on a score sheet that requires some more iconographical interpretation.
Things I like about this game:
- Quick easy to master but plays different every time.
- What seems to be a game that you can ignore your opponent quickly becomes a game that you need to watch others at the table closely.
- They give you lots of double-sided score sheets.
- I love to roll dice! In this game you roll dice.
- I got to use the term iconographical interpretation reviewing it!
Things I don’t like:
- Hard to teach to Noobs, did I mention lots of icons?
- No pencils included.
- Not to be played with people who like to ignore rules or procedure (not really a weakness of the game but you get my meaning!)
- It might be a little short.
All in all a solid game with great playability and will be a staple in my gaming diet for years to come !http://pokupo.com/2011/09/21/replay-roll-through-the-ages/Tabletop GamesRoll Through the Ages